Hybrid Tube Preamplifier with the famous Western Electric 396a Tube
- Base on just one 396a tube (also takes 5670 and 2C51 …etc)
- 4X of Gain (We prefer to have fewer gain than higher distortion), 2V Output at Nominal, 0.1% THD-X
- Perfect for low powered and triode tube amplifiers and high efficient speaker system that does not need a lot of gain and drive, In return of the most organic/analog/quality music play back – less gain/less parts/less tubes ; LESS phase shift and signal changes too!
- Tube regulated, by the powerful 12BH7, or the 12Au7 * the more powerful 12BH7 will last longer in the pose*
- Tube rectified, by a small peanut type 6Z4 rectifier tube, which is a 7 pin miniature tube that is affordable and reliable
- The power supply uses AC coupling (and is quiet enough to score a better than 90 db S/N Ratio, which was tested with an older Western Electric 396a), which to us is more superior in musicality than the absolute quieter DC coupling. Other than a good power supply design, along with our quality Canadian made power transformer that is made and tested to the highest electrical safety standards. An input filtering choke is in place, this is why even we heat it with AC, it is still quiet enough.
- This is a true high end preamplifier regardless price, both sound, performance and functions. A pair of high quality transistors (thus called a hybrid preamplifier) are used for impedance conversion for driving all kinds of power amplifiers (including high power tube amps, solid state amps, or even sub-woofer amps!), which we combined together along with the goodness of tubes at the voltage amplifying stage. We are able to get the advantage of each technology – both Sound and Performance, here, both the performance/specifications/measurements of solid state, and the charm/sound/bliss of the tubes.
- Look so simple? perhaps the hardest to perfection. We like clean desk policy, while some others might make it looks busy to impressive..
- High quality parts thru out, including CMC USA Gold Plate RCAs (3 Pairs of Input), and one pair of output , Mundorf coupling caps, Alps Japan Blue Volt Pot, Premium Selector, high grade 1% Japanese resistors and E-caps and solid signal path wires…etc.
- Pricing : Regardless price, the quality and sound reproduction satisfactions will be something in its own league! This design will be a success for decades ; like the Lp12!
- Tubes being supplied are NOS USA 5670, NOS Sino 6Z4, and USA/Russian 12BH7
- Dual Outputs Package 110€
- Signature Package 320€ (Upgrades connectors to Cardas Rhodium, IEC AC Inlet to Furutech Gold, Mundorf Silver and Gold Oil Coupling Cap, Improved grounding circuitry and power supply, better parts and choke upgraded to 20H from 9H, the power transformer is also upgraded from the Hammonds 200 Series, to the top of the line 300 series with closed end bells). A power transformer shield is in place as well (finished in powdercoat or plated, depends market)
- Control Package 250€ (Upgrade to DACT Selector, along with a pair of DACT Stainless Steels knobs)
- Prelude-M (Phono Stage Option) 450€ (Using our high end solid state phono stage used on the Triode Lab Au Pre / up coming Au Pre Mini, you are about to experience some best and quiet vinyls playtime, be it MM or high output MC cartridge). The Prelude-M also required more critical power supply and grounding network designs, as the add-on phono stage requires a higher level of quality power supplies and regulations for the most quietest possible operations. The power transformer is also required upgraded to a Hammond 300 series with covers, and universal voltages is available. Note : The Prelude-M, already have the Signature Package included. Phono Gain : 35.6 db / 60x, conservatively rated.
- Selector By-Pass $0 (One input for the most pure signal transfer, and one output, Cardas Rhodium RCA jacks will be upgraded for this task)