Finalé F-108 Stereo Tube Integrated Amplifier
- Class A
- 5W + 5W Autobias (Max 5.7W)
- Single Ended Pentode / Powered by EL84/6BQ5/7189
- Driven by 12AX7/ECC83 Our all time favourite preamp / driver tube
- Tube rectified by 6CA4/EZ81 Separated tube rectifier stage for better noise separation and, like the vintage amps and the purest preferred, being rectified by tube, higher to cost, but no hold barrette for us!
- 6 Ohms Speakers Out Standard
- Optional 8 ohms and 4 ohms version available on special order at no extra cost
- 3 Sets of Inputs (New/Standard for 2015)
- 7.5″ W x 15″ D X 7″ H (Similar to an A4/Letter Sized Paper)
- EDCOR (USA) Output Transformers:
- Hammond Canada or EDCOR USA Power Transformer
- Hammond Canada Choke Transformer
- Nichicon Japan Coupling Caps
- Mundorf’s Germany Audiophiler ZN Coupling Caps
- Japanese 105 C Degree / Long Life E Caps (New/Standard for 2015)
- High quality RCA Inputs
- High quality plastic binding post
- High quality ceramic socket
- High quality copper wires for signal path
- Finished in Glossy White / Matte Black (Temp back-order)
- BRAND NAME PARTS Thru-out
Story: The F-108 family of Finale amplifiers features single-ended EL84 / 6BQ5 circuitry that we have used and enjoyed for decades. Ever wonder why so many people who care about sound quality prefer this amplifier’s (circuit’s) low-wattage refinement over solid state amps, or even single-ended triode-circuits? The key is the unique voicing and refinement of the El84/6BQ5 tube itself that compares well to most other tubes in the sweetness, transparency and holographic department — and you’ll be surprised with its bass, attack and speed! Our Class A, single-ended circuit gets the best out of these tubes.
We have opted to give the F-108 subtle looks and simple features, and focus our resources on providing high quality parts and transformers. Although this is our entry single-ended amplifier, it is as quiet, sharp and stunning as any other we have designed and made. Its amazing giant-beating sound makes it a true bargain.
Don’t be fooled by its kitten size, it can roar like a lion and sing like a bird!
Upgrades / Options: Alps Japan Blue Vol Pot ($25) / Lorlin UK or Finale’s premium cast metal selector switch ($15) / CMC usa Gold RCAs ($15 Pair) / Cardas Rhodium RCAs ($30 Pair) / Furutech Hi Performance Gold IEC Inlet ($25) and fuse ($50) / CMC USA or Cardas Binding Posts (Email for $) / Single input set (Free and by passed selector, and RCA auto upgraded to CMC Gold) / Soundcoat Damping Sheet ($10) / Premium ceramic gold plated tube sockets ($12) / AmCan Isolators … and more, email for the specific part you want to be use!
DO YOU KNOW:
Output transformers are a very important part of tube amplifiers, especially in single ended design. Different output transformers portray music differently — they are like the transmissions in cars. Even if you have an engine that has thousands of horsepower, if you do not have a good transmission (transformer), you aren’t going to get the engine’s maximum power potential. On the other hand, if you have a better transmission, you always get more power to the wheels (same as tube amps), AND the car will drive better, pulls stronger and more quietly too.
Real Hi Fi grade transformers are expensive because they are hard to engineer andmaster. I have had a business winding high quality transformers, and understand how tricky this can be. Because of this, a good transformer comes with a high price tag (especially those made by established audio transformer manufacturers). This is why experienced tube audiophiles will pay hundreds and thousands of dollars to get good transformers. The choice of transformers can make a day and night difference in final sound, even with the the same circuitry.
For the more serious tube-o-holic audiophiles.
Upgraded output transformers to HIFI quality type such as Hashimoto or Tamura, Mundorf EVO Oil caps for the input signals, Alps Japan vol pot, , CMC USA Gold RCA & Binding Posts – Optional single set of input for the purest signal transfer, and4 8 and 16 ohms outputs, Furutech gold IEC inlet, Soundcoat as well to Mundorf’s SIO Oil coupling caps…etc.
Note* This is as close as you can get to the F138 FFX